How to apply for Nepali MRP while you are in foreign country.
If you are not in Nepal and applying via embassy of Nepal in foreign country. Here are some information:
Print the application form correctly before applying for MRP.
2. Download a form for MRP, fill it and print it.
MOST IMPORTANTLY print the filled form by selecting “none” option in page scaling.
(File≫Print≫ [make sure “none” is selected”])
- विवरण भरेपछि सिधै प्रिन्ट नगर्नुहोला ।
- विवरण भरेपछि प्रिन्ट गर्दा ध्यान दिनुपर्ने कुरा प्रिन्ट गर्दा paper size A4 हुनुपर्छ ।
- Page Scaling मा "none" Option हानेर मात्र प्रिन्ट गर्नुपर्छ ।
Check here for detail.
(To avoid confusion, if possible, print multiple copies with and without this option selected and ask the staff while applying.)
- Copy of nationality certificate. (They may ask original one, just to verify, but return it to you).
- 2 copies of PP size photos (35mm x 45mm). Head should cover 70~80%. (http://dopmofa.gov.np/pdf/ICAO-Template.pdf) It should be taken within 6 months.
- Copy of the old passport. (They usually ask for the original one and return after verifying).
- Fee. (Call embassy or visit embassy’s homepage. In my experience, calling is better to get the exact information. They update webpage less frequently.)
It’s just guideline for your convenience, NOT an official notice.
I was asked to fill the form by hand, although I had filled the form using computer and taken with me because of wrong printing selection.